Thursday, October 13, 2016

In with the old, Out with the new?

I came across an article recently that discussed the topic of how many educators are against the use of technology in the classroom and it inspired me to write this blog post.

The biggest issue teachers are having is incorporating it into daily lessons. "Making it real", if you will. Being a third grade teacher myself, I catch myself thinking I am not using technology as often as I should. The article touched on how content, teaching, and technology are on nearly the same page. So, when a teacher lacks skills in one of those three areas, it seems as though he/she does not know what they are doing.

Educators nationwide are frustrated about the monetary factor that weighs in when trying to incorporate technology as well. Many times we educators are told to use a program in the classroom and so we do so. It seems as though as soon as you get the swing of the program and students enjoy it, we find out our subscription has ended and will no longer be able to access the program. It can get infuriating after a few times of it happening.

In my opinion, using technology in a meaningful way is what's most important and beneficial to the students. I personally, am a big proponent of using technology in the classroom. It can be engaging, fun, and exciting for students. It can foster a love for learning amongst students, as I have witnessed it happen. The web has a plethora of resources, you just have to take the time to weed out the bad from the good.

By using technology in the classroom, you open up a whole new door for students. They begin to love and become intrigued by computers and how they work. Kids soak up everything around them. As educators, it is our job to ensure they are exposed to content-rich environments meaningful learning opportunities.

Where do you stand on the issue of using technology in the classroom? Comment below and let me know your thoughts!


"Technology" by Technology_12
Received from Creative Commons
https://www.flickr.com/photos/65264498@N04/9088181581







No comments:

Post a Comment